Thursday, February 26, 2015

King Headley the 2nd Personal Review.

I found that the play to be very intense through out the entire performance. It showed how people always want to exceed in life but sadly by the means on advance of any means necessary. During the live performance,which was set up in an arena style theater, the actors were always on the stage which made it, well for me at least very hard to fallow. What I was able to gather in the initial set up was that this setting was streets of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in the late 80's. The main character, King, has had a tough life and now after getting out of prison, and is going to have a baby with his what I believe to be his wife, realizes that he must make a name for himself. But of course it fails he ends up being accidentally shot by his own mother and dies. To me it reminded me of the movie Get Rich or Die Tryin' and how people always want to move up in the world but the big man is constantly keeping him down.

Would I go back and see this again...eh...probably not but it was a fantastic learning experience and another great bonding moment with my classmates who are all pretty fantastic people.

No comments:

Post a Comment